Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Breaking

What is a break anyway?

Lately I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to take a break with Eric. Just until I'm finished this semester, 'cause it's just so easy to use him as an excuse to not do my work. But then I make all of the exceptions in my head -- Thursday and Saturday we already have plans that can't really be changed, if I get upset and need someone to talk to, etc., etc. So maybe what I want isn't taking a break so much as it's having a little more space for the next while. But then isn't 'needing space' the same as 'taking a break'? I don't want to end things -- at least not right now, but I know that I need to focus on my schoolwork. I always say that my education is the most important thing, it's my priority, but then I fall back too quickly and easily into old habits, especially when things get tough in the academic world.

I guess what I need is to change my focus, but I'm not sure how to do that or where to start.

No comments :

Post a Comment