Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tonight I can't get to sleep

The irony of anxiety strikes again: I'm not able to sleep because I'm worried about missing work tomorrow since I have to be up early. This is only going to make me tired and irritable and more emotional and so I am even less likely to make it in for my shift.

I even tried to preemptively accommodate the fact that I just don't feel like I'll be ready in time tomorrow by contacting a coworker who is scheduled to work the afternoon/evening shift and asking him to switch with me. Except I couldn't actually do that since our staff contact list hasn't been updated in at least a month and he's only been working with the company for three weeks. So I looked at the people who aren't scheduled for a shift tomorrow, and they are all people I know can't make it in (on holidays, can only work weekends, works another job on Wednesdays). This makes the anxiety worse because I have to go in and now I'm going to make my boss even more upset if I call in sick tomorrow morning. So I tried to sleep, and the general 'wrong' feeling and overwhelming sadness escalated to a panic attack.

So now I can't sleep, I can't concentrate/sit still long enough to watch a show or play a game, and I can't stop shaking.

No comments :

Post a Comment