Monday, May 18, 2015

A fresh start

I start my new job at Homewood Health tomorrow, and I couldn't be more excited. Leaving Appletree is something that I've wanted to do for a long time now. That job was draining and stressful and only contributed to my anxiety and depression. I'm hoping that this new position will not contribute to those things, but time will tell. So far, it sounds amazing. It's exactly what I have been looking for. I'll be working a front desk/reception position that is combined with an executive administration role. I'll be providing administrative assistance to two executive vice presidents who both seem like very nice, friendly people with whom I will get along well. I imagine that there will be a lot of information thrown at me in the first few weeks and that I'm about to face a very steep learning curve, but I'm up for it and excited for something new! I also know that like with any job, there will be stressful days, but I'm hoping that all of the positive things will outweigh any negative aspects, and I anticipate these to be rather few and quite spaced out.

I've also recently started dating a new person, who has actually been in my life for quite a long time: Steve. It's been a really fun first few weeks, and we're building a pretty neat foundation so far. Like with the job, I know that it can't and won't be perfect, but I'm excited to see what happens. We've been building towards this for a long time, and I think it could be a really good thing. It's also really nice to have someone in my life again in a romantic sense. Even though nothing between us has really changed, it's still a new and added dynamic that's been nice to explore. I'm not so worried about crossing imaginary boundaries, and I think he's feeling the same way.

With the new job, I'll also be making a bit more money and I've been considering moving. Steph and I have been talking for a while about moving in together downtown, and I took the initiative to look at a few places in our desired neighbourhood the other day. It seems like we might be able to make it work (at the top of our budget), and that would put us less than a ten minute walk away from where I'll be working! This is super exciting, because I've been wanting to shorten my commute and move closer to downtown for a while now, and also because living with Steph seems like it could be really fun. The two of us get along really well and have similar ideas of quiet time and cleanliness, so it sounds like we'd be good roommates. Of course, that isn't guaranteed just because we think so, but I'm pretty sure about it.

Basically life just handed me a bunch of lemonade, and I'm drinking it all in.

No comments :

Post a Comment