Sunday, July 5, 2015

So, it's more than one month into the new job, and I'm still enjoying it every day. There have been tough and stressful days, but the people make it worth it, and I never feel like I'll be judged or mistreated for a mistake or not knowing something. There are some particular people who stand out and make every day that they're in the office one I look forward to. One of the therapists is probably my favourite person - she and I have talked at length about sex therapy, things that annoy us at work, and junk food. She makes me laugh, is always happy, and she's always ready and willing to listen. I definitely look forward to her shifts because I know they'll be an adventure. Regular days are pretty much just as awesome, though. There is always someone complimenting me on something, and everyone seems genuinely happy (if not to be at work, to just be), and that's a great thing. Other people being happy makes me feel so good about the world. And since I love helping people, tasks like organizing the printer room are extra-fulfilling when everyone walking by my desk compliments me on my job. It's just a really positive environment, and everyone is so supportive that I can't imagine anyone not feeling completely at home.

Steve and I at the aquarium after dinner

My personal life has also been going pretty well. It's more than two months into a new relationship, and it's really hard not to feel good about where things are headed. He's my best friend, and all the time we spend together is amazing. I also like that we do such a variety of things when we're together. Whether it's a fancy date night at the CN Tower or a night in with Swiss Chalet and Community, I feel completely at ease with him. And even when my anxiety does spike, he's usually pretty good at knowing what I need. I know it's not an exact science, so I really appreciate whatever it is that lets him know what I need. 




No comments :

Post a Comment