Thursday, March 21, 2013

Presentations in Useless Courses

I am presenting today in my social psychology seminar.

I have felt (the entire semester) that this course has been a waste of my time. I didn't want to do the presentation because I simply do not care. I don't find the subject matter interesting, I don't respect my professor or her teaching methods, and I feel like I haven't actually learned anything all semester. Going to class was pointless - I stopped going at the end of January - because watching other people present poorly on basic topics in social psychology bored me. I felt no need to travel to campus to be bored.

It took me only a few hours yesterday to create a slide show for today; I read the 'chapter' last week on the bus to work, so I knew the material thoroughly. Still, though, I'm nervous because I'm unsure as to the need for outside sources and I'm afraid I'll get called out for not attending class ever. Honestly, though, when it comes down to it my social anxiety could be the cause of my missing class. If my professor mentions anything, I will cite this as my reason. It did come into play recently - I haven't been to class in so long that I'm scared to go for fear that someone will bring it up.

I suppose I should have tried harder. I could do so much better, but I refuse to try.

No comments :

Post a Comment