Yesterday was a bust. Eric and I had asked our friends to stop by and spend the day with us and we had one visitor out of more than twenty that we'd invited. At least the people Eric invited responded to his invitations; the majority of my friends didn't even tell us if they planned to stop by. I was looking forward to a night of fun and frivolity with people whose company I enjoy. Instead, I was mostly bored until much after dinner when Jackie arrived and we all fell asleep shortly after midnight.
I'm not sure if these are signs of growing up or if there's something deeper here. I just wanted to have a good time, but it seems that my friends have no interest in joining me. Maybe I need some new friends; people who are willing to take time out of their day to see me and have fun.
No comments :
Post a Comment