Continuing with the trend of my even-year-ed birthdays completely failing, more and more people are declining the invite to this Saturday's party. I'm wondering if I should cancel or reschedule or just go ahead and have a party where four people show up and it's boring and no one cares.
I tried doing what friends have suggested in the past and not planning months in advance, but now everyone has other plans that they have agreed to beforehand. I just don't know what to do. On the one hand I want to have a party and have fun and enjoy my birthday and on the other hand I really don't want to feel sad and down on myself while four people who don't know each other try to awkwardly make conversation in my apartment.
I feel like it's almost a possibility that my friends are beyond birthday parties. My birthday has always been a day of significance to me. It's the day I look forward to most in the year. But this year it just feels like no matter how hard I try, it's not going to be significant.
No comments :
Post a Comment