I am thankful for so many things this year. Among them, are:
- a wonderful boyfriend
- family
- somewhat stable mental health
- a job that I love (and great people to work with)
- not needing to rely on others for money so that I can eat
- the best friends
- the fact that time changes and things move forward no matter what
- tea
- Pixel
- pumpkin everything
- autumn colours
- a place to live that I can call my own
- being able to help people through my work
This year's Thanksgiving was pretty far from anything I've ever done before. I took Friday off from work to spend travelling by train to Montreal to visit Steve.
On Saturday we slept in and decided to visit La Ronde, an amusement park. We didn't go on many of the rides, and we probably didn't get our money's worth. It was cold, a lot busier than expected, and I had a panic attack on a roller coaster. Despite all of that it was a pretty good time, and I bought a hat that makes me look like a giraffe!
Sunday morning we were awoken by Steve's parents calling to let us know that they would be by in about an hour, so we were a little bit rushed. We visited Steve's office where I left notes for Tolu and Vincent, and walked around Montreal's Old Port. It was a beautiful walk with the leaves changing and the old architecture against the water, and I had a nice chat with Steve's mom. We stopped in a cafe for a snack, and then dropped Steve's mom off at his sister's place while we made a quick run to Toys R Us where Steve bought a pumpkin Halloween costume for his niece.
We got back in plenty of time for dinner and had wine and cheese dips while Steve showed off his quadcopter building/flying skills. I helped do a few dishes, and Steve fed the baby. She stared into his eyes and pulled his hand (and the bottle) towards her. It was so adorable!
Dinner was delicious, we had cream of cauliflower soup, then porcetta with vegetables and mashed potatoes, and cake, pumpkin pie, and apple crisp for dessert. It was way too much food, but everyone enjoyed their fill.
No comments :
Post a Comment