So, lately, a lot has been going on in my life. There have been lots of changes and realizations and a general reorganizing of my shattered self.
I've come so far and changed so much from the person that I was in high school, the person I was in first year, even the person that I was a few months ago is different from the person that I am now. Most of the changes have been good ones, and that's awesome! 'Cause I know that not everyone gets that chance and I'm lucky to have it.
I'm currently dealing with a whole bunch of schoolwork. So many things to get done before the 9th. But after that, I'm done. Or, I'm on break anyway. A break that I feel I desperately need right now. I need that time to myself to think and reflect on all of these changes. To start working towards some goals - major goals, and to set out a tentative action plan. It's time to re-evaluate my life and to make one of those "In five years..." lists. I need perspective.
I sometimes wonder if I've really changed all that much since Jamaal, 'cause I occasionally feel stuck. But I've changed. A lot. I was changing then, too. I just didn't notice it because I didn't want to... because I was afraid of change and what it could bring. I'm still afraid of change. But I can embrace it more now, realize its positive aspects, see how much better it has made me.
And by the way, world? I'm going to rule you someday. 'Cause you know what? I'm awesome and amazing and sexy, and I can do anything I want to. 'Cause I'm me. And that's reason enough.
No comments :
Post a Comment