Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beginnings

I love the smell and feel of a new page in a journal. The fresh "you can start over" feel it gives is somewhat exhilarating.

I've been working so hard on school this past week, and I'm super proud of myself for staying pretty much on top of things thus far. It's a great feeling to know that I'm getting things done, and that I'm in control of my life. It's crazy to think that I'll be graduating in a few short months, but it's nice to know that starting over isn't too much of a major change for me. Not this time, anyway.

I'm looking forward to my new life, and I'm liking the new me. I'm getting to where I want to go, actually, for once, and it's nice. It's really nice. I am in control of my life right now. I can choose what I want to do and with whom and how I do it. I can choose to stay in and study or go out and procrastinate. And I'm making good decisions. Me.

I'm so proud of myself for getting this far. I'm proud of myself for having direction, for knowing (kind of) where I want to go and what I want to do with my life. And for not giving up, for staying strong and moving forward. Even for making mistakes, because you know what? Mistakes have taught me a lot in my life so far. Some of the lessons I've learned through mistakes have been incredibly valuable to me, and I'm glad that I learned them. That I had those opportunities to mess up, to find myself, to figure out who I am.

I'm not saying that journey is over. I'm sure it's one that will never end. But I like where I am now. The life I'm leading, the direction I'm heading, and the fact that I'm finally willing to stand up for me. Because I'm worth it. I really, truly am.

No comments :

Post a Comment