Okay, happy things:
1. Turning the radio up loud and baking and cooking Sheppard's pie
2. Watching Dexter and relaxing
3. Feeling comfortable in my house
4. Everyone liked the food I made
5. Being able to go grocery shopping on my own and feeling confident while doing so
6. Cleaning up my living room
7. The comfort that comes with solitude
8. Cuddling with Sarah and Fiona
MEME time!!!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I drove the long way to Manitoulin by myself! I moved into an apartment on my own! I had multiple sexual partners simultaneously, I kissed a girl (and I liked it), I made Sheppard's pie, I made truffles, I had my own Christmas tree, and probably many other things that I'm forgetting.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly can't remember my resolutions from last year, but I've made a few vague ones for this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one close to me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope! I was lucky that way.
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in Canada like a boring person.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
In 2011 I'd like to have more self control and self awareness.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmm, there's a few of them, I think. Manitoulin with Steve is a big one, and also my birthday party with Meredith. I'm sure there are more important moments that I won't forget.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
That's a difficult question to answer. I feel like I haven't achieved anything, but I know that isn't true. I just can't think of anything at the moment.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think I'd say that my biggest failure of the year was definitely the Tyler moment, but I learned some important things there so it wasn't all that bad.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, but I suppose the flare ups of anxiety and eczema kind of count. They're things I always have to deal with though, so I don't really think they're noteworthy?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm... most of the things I bought for myself are lingerie. I suppose I'd say my bed 'cause it's super comfy and big and I love it. Also, having a place to sleep is always good. Yes, my bed.
12. What was the best thing someone gave you?
Hmm, materialistically, I'd say either my desk or my Christmas tree. The couches are a pretty good thing, too though. But honestly I think the best thing I received all year was the love and support of my mom, especially in that conversation we had about my future. And of course the love and support of my friends and family in general, but my mom really stands out.
13. Were you lucky in love or lucky in cards?
Not really, but I'm getting there.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Well, to be honest school and rent, but irresponsibly speaking, lingerie. Haha.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Manitoulin trip, my birthday, and Christmas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Hmm... I'm not sure. Probably G6, haha.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder: Hm, I'd say happier.
Older or wiser? Both, definitely.
Thinner or fatter? I'm probably about the same. Maybe a bit fatter, but it's for the best.
Richer or poorer? richer, definitely.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd done more self reflection and spent more time studying.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I'd spent less time being irresponsible by using my friends as procrastination tools.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas back home with the family. We had everyone on my mom's side over Christmas Eve and Christmas day was spent at home before heading to my grandma's for dinner.
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
I spent last night at the Briar Patch with everyone, it was a good time.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Haha, nope.
23. Did you fall out of love in 2010?
You have to be in love to fall out of it.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmm... Being Erica, The Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Glee, Dexter.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. No.
26. What was the best book you read?
I have absolutely no idea. I don't think I read a really good book or I'd remember it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't think I really had one, unfortunately.
28. What did you want and get?
A better relationship with my friends, the support of my mom.
29. What did you want and not get?
Motivation, haha.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Well, I didn't actually go and see any except the Tron one, 'cause I suck at going to movies. I did really like Toy Story 3, though.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Meredith and I threw a joint birthday party at her apartment and we played childhood birthday games! I turned 21 in 2010.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I feel like I've been asked this a thousand times in different ways now, and I don't know how to answer it. 2010 was a really good year for me and there's nothing that I can think of that would have made it immeasurably better.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Comfort. And lingerie, haha.
34. What kept you sane?
My friends, for sure.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't pay attention to them, so no one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm really not sure, to be honest.
37. Who did you miss?
Scott, definitely. And my Aussie godkids.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I think I'd have to say Sarah, haha. Everyone else significant I think I knew in 2009. Maybe.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
I learned that I am worth so much more than I ever could have imagined, and that I need to remember that I am worthy of anything and everything that I want.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Why do you always ask such difficult questions. Okay, ummmm, I have nothing.
No comments :
Post a Comment