Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 17 – Your favorite memory, in great detail

My favourite memory? I'm not sure if I have one. I mean, there isn't really a time in my life that really stands out as one single event that I remember.

I guess my aunt's wedding is something that I remember that made me really happy. Or wait! I have it. I know what an awesome memory is. I just had to remember it first! :P

I don't remember when it was exactly, but I know it was in the spring (I think) about 3 or 4 years ago. Anyway. I was in grade... 11 I think so 4 years.

It was evening after dinner and I had my windows open 'cause it was hot. The phone rang and I answered it. It was my Aunt Jane calling. We talked about the usual things - how school was going and how things were with her. Mostly stuff about me. Then she told me she had some news. She sounded kind of excited, but also nervous so I wasn't really worried, but a little. Then she said "I'm getting married!". I knew who to, but I asked anyways, and she replied "I don't know if you're old enough for this...". I insisted that I was, getting more excited about what she was going to tell me. And then she told me that she was going to be married to "Munch" in August of that year. It was probably one of the most exciting times of my life, because it confirmed something that I'd known since childhood. That my aunt and her partner Kathleen, were indeed partners and that they were choosing to share this with their families. I was later told that they'd talked it over and decided that they would either get married or adopt and that they'd chosen marriage because they already have kids. Not really, but they have me and my brother and their other nieces and nephews and that they wanted to continue to spoil us instead of a child of their own.

So, I guess my favourite memory is the time my aunt called to tell us that she and Kath were getting married, and to confirm what I knew all along... that they were in love.

No comments :

Post a Comment