Okay, so I've been away for just about a week now. I'm really sorry about that. You see, last week at this time, I was in bed waiting for work the next morning. I finished up work last Thursday afternoon and have been doing things non-stop since then, so I'm sorry.
Thursday was an adventure in itself. I was super busy at work because Boss Scott didn't know that I was leaving and kept giving me work to do. Then when I left at 1, I went straight to Downsview to get Scott and we spent some time in my apartment together which was really nice since I hadn't really seen him in a while. I dropped him off at the subway just before 6 and went to get Jenny at York.
She and I dropped by the grocery store, grabbed food, and returned to my apartment to make and eat a delicious stir fry which was so happy. Anyway, once we finished that, I headed over to the Briar Patch to see my boys, and Steve and Whitney happened to be there too! We hung around for a while and when it was starting to get relatively late, we all headed home in our different directions.
Friday morning I got up and dressed and organized some things in the apartment before picking Dallas up on my way to training at York. We parted ways shortly after getting there, and I went in for training. It was a pretty boring experience, consisting basically of a tour of the Computer Science and Engineering building, but I did get to see the virtual simulator cube thing albeit in pieces since they're moving it to another building. It was pretty exciting though because it is a rare thing to see. I really felt like it shouldn't have been me seeing it because I couldn't fully appreciate it. Oh well.
Once my "training" was complete, I headed home to pack up my things and kind of relax. Then on Saturday morning, mom and I organized the last of my things and set out to buy lamps and a bathroom storage unit for the apartment. We came back here, and started setting things up and then mom left me on my own to build things.
Steve messaged me to go shopping and I happily agreed, so he stopped by to help me with the storage unit and then we went to the Eaton's Centre and shopped for a measly hour since we overestimated closing time for a Saturday and underestimated the time it would take to drive through the city.
When we got back to my apartment we hung around for a while before deciding on sleep. In the morning we ate delicious crepes and then helped Sarah and Mike with the lights in her old apartment before heading to Snakes and Lattes. It is honestly the most AWESOME cafe ever. The walls are lined with board games and the pricing isn't that bad, either. Pat, Alex, Steve, Mike, Sarah and I played a game of Life before Marie got there and we decided that we shouldn't play another super long game and settled on Jenga. It was the most epic game of Jenga played possibly in ever. It reached over 32 levels and drew a crowd outside the front window of the cafe to watch. Marie took pictures, so I'll post them when they arrive on Facebook for me to steal. I should probably mention that the girls opted out of Jenga. Sarah and I due to a lack of coordination and me because of my inability to logic. Yes, logic is a verb now. I'm not sure why Marie opted out though.
Anyways, yes. Epic Jenga was followed by an awesome dinner at a place that I forget the name of. I'll have to ask Sarah 'cause it was really nice. I came home, freaked out over responsibility, cancelled volunteering for today, and went to sleep.
This morning I woke up and made chicken legs for breakfast while watching useless drama and drinking tea. Then, I cleaned some of my apartment and made a to do list before I went to work. Work was okay. Today was pretty boring, but it was alright. I've been promised more things to do on Wednesday, so that's good at least.
After work I ended up at the Briar Patch again to visit Dallas, who had Pat over. It was really nice to see the both of them and to catch up on the things going on in Dallas' life. We spent some time chatting, grabbed food, and then headed to my apartment because Dal hadn't seen it yet. We went back to the Briar Patch for a bit and talked some and then I decided to come home since I'd missed a call from my mom and knew I should call her.
And that's the last week. I'll get back to my meme tomorrow or something, I've been kind of stressed out and horribly busy lately.
No comments :
Post a Comment