So, here's what happened this weekend:
Saturday was move in day. I got up, ate, dressed, and gathered my belongings by the door. Mom and Dad went to get the rental van, and when they returned, Marg and McKenzie from across the street came over. They gave me lots of hugs and a card with a crystal that has a duck engraved into it. They wished me good luck with school and made me feel like I'll be missed in the neighbourhood. It was a nice feeling, but also kind of strange. It got me thinking about how old I look because they seemed to think that I was going into my first year at university. It was the same at the beginning of summer when my mom and I went to sign my brother up for summer school and the lady talked to me as if it were me signing up. I am not in grade 11. I am 20 years old. Ugh.
Anyway, once McKenzie and Marg went back home, we finished loading the van and headed to the house where I was to pick up my couches. I met Elvira and she seemed really nice. Then we were off to my apartment. We met Sarah, Mike, Steve, and Steph there and they were awesome enough to help me move in.
We ate pizza that my mom bought and then everyone left. My bed was then delivered and I spent the afternoon building it and unpacking.
In the evening Sarah invited me over for dinner and made me some awesome maccaroni and cheese that included chicken and bacon. It was super yummy. Then she and I went to Ikea, where I bought some jars for my counter to put flour and sugar in. We got home rather late and I stole her internet to talk to Scott while I played some Sims before bed.
On Sunday I woke up and decided that I didn't want left over pizza for breakfast, so I looked up what time No Frills opened. It wasn't going to be open until 8:30 and for some unfortunate reason I'd woken up at 7am so I had to wait. I left my place at about 8:00 and bought some things at the grocery store. When I got home, I made myself crepes with chocolate sauce and icing sugar for breakfast. It was really good. Then I did my dishes and finished unpacking while I waited for the internet guy from Rogers to arrive. Mom was to pick me up after I got internet, so I called her and let her know the time, but she wasn't home. She called me back while he was there and we decided that I'd come home on Monday morning instead. I spent my afternoon watching TV online and trying to figure out what to get at the grocery store for dinner.
I also messaged Meredith since we'd talked about the potential of me visiting that day, so I let her know that I'd be around. She called me later that afternoon to invite me to dinner which was probably the most amazing dinner I've ever been served hands down. After dinner we talked for a while and then I went home and pretty much went straight to sleep.
Monday morning I got up and made some tea. I drank it and watched TV while I waited for my mom to pick me up. We drove to Vaughn Mills because she needed to pick something up for Dad at Bass Pro, but I insisted on lunch since we were there, and of course some shopping. I bought a pencil skirt, another skirt, a mini dress, and a long-sleeved shirt at Urban Planet and I spent $140 at La Senza, xD. When I got home I called my grandmother and offered to bring her some lasagna for dinner. I got ready and headed to her house.
We chatted about school and my apartment and cooking and baking bread while we waited for the lasagna to cook. Then we ate dinner and I excused myself because grandma wasn't feeling well and poppa was heading to the "clubhouse" to play pool with the men.
I got home, showered and got ready for bed, and for work today. And that was my weekend.
Day 18 – Your favorite birthday, in great detail:
So, my favourite birthday. This is really tough 'cause I've had a lot of awesome birthdays in my lifetime. My mom used to throw me a themed party every year, and most of those birthdays were super awesome.
Last year's party was pretty good too, though. I had everyone go to dinner at Boston Pizza, which was fun.
But no, I don't think I really have a favourite birthday. I think if I had to choose it would be my eleventh birthday (I think) where we had a "backwards" party in which we walked backwards through the back door of the house, opened presents, ate cake, ate pizza, etc. We did everything in reverse order and there were games themed on the idea of being backwards. I think it is a pretty interesting idea for a birthday party, and I think I want to reintroduce themed birthday parties into my life.
Perhaps I'll have a themed party this year. I should start thinking about themes now though.
No comments :
Post a Comment