Monday, November 8, 2010

Improvement!

I feel like I'm essentially better, but I don't want to jinx it. Everything seems to be falling into place and today is kind of just the most awesome of days. Let's start with the weather. The weather is beautiful today. It is sunny and chilly but not too cold and the air has that wonderful Autumn crispness to it. There are birds chirping and traffic whirring by and the last of summer's leaves are leaving the trees in the city.

I spent almost two hours at the clinic this morning, but it didn't bother me because I finished the readings for Critical Sexualities in the time I was waiting. She then told me that I don't have Strep and that waiting to talk to my therapist about taking the Cipralex is a good idea, especially since I'm feeling so much healthier.

From there I grabbed food at the Student Centre (Wendy's, which didn't quite agree with my tummy so well) and met up with Anu. It was really nice to chat with her and semi-catch-up while waiting for the Glendon bus. When the driver got there I boarded the bus with everyone else and started the readings for Canadian Life Writing this week. Glendon is amazing! It's just as beautiful and picturesque as everyone says it is and just as wonderful as the brochures and pictures on the York website make it out to be. If I stay at York, I'm definitely taking classes there next year since it's so beautiful. After going to the library (it's so quiet there and peaceful and everyone seems so respectful of everyone else. And there is actually space to sit!) and getting copies of the book I needed, I sat outside on a bench reading Diamond Grill and admiring the nature.

After a bit it was time to get on the shuttle back to Keele, so I did, and then I stopped by my Milton prof's office to talk over my thesis proposal with her. She helped me to specify my thesis so that it's more clear (which I knew I had to do, but this is a proposal and I'm lazy), and then gave me a B+ on this part of the assignment. It's only worth 5%, but that makes me feel more confident about the next bit, which is the actual essay. She says I seem to be on the right track, so that's a positive thing.

And now I'm home again. Drinking tea and contemplating dinner. I'm going to relax for a bit while the chicken thaws and watch some TV. Then I'll get up and make dinner. I'm thinking chicken legs (thawing) with broccoli and rice. Plain and simple tonight but delicious. Of course the broccoli will be accented with cheese.

Peach crisp for dessert of course, and then finishing some more readings. I'm so on top of it all, it's amazing. Especially after last week's fall out and Saturday's almost-dropping of Milton. I can get through this because I can get through anything. And because I've got an amazing support group of friends and family and myself on my side. Not knowing my future is alright because not everyone knows theirs. And because sometimes it takes a little while to explore someone's personality. It's even harder with your own. But I'll get there, because I'm amazing.

No comments :

Post a Comment