Tuesday, February 16, 2010

8 Happy Things

Okay, for those of you who don't know, I work at maintaining a positive outlook on life by writing down 8 things that make me happy each day. Sometimes, it's a harder thing and it results in things like "I didn't get run over by a bus on my way to class" and other times it's so easy that each of the eight things looks like "I visited X and went on a walk with Y and had Q for dinner!!!"

Basically, it's a mind trick to remind myself that even when things seem like they couldn't get worse the truth is that there are still things that make me happy no matter how small.

Also, sometimes I'm so busy that I forget about it for a few days, but I always try to catch up and might make posts with more than one day's worth of happy things.

Anyhow, here's the list for today:
one. Starting my essay
two. Buying milk
three. Being awake before noon
four. Canada winning in hockey! (though expected :P)
five. Pancakes and bacon for dinner
six. Mailing my letter to the US
seven. Tom said he'd be my reference on my passport! :)
eight. Seeing Steph and Dom briefly

[x.posted to my LJ]

No comments :

Post a Comment