Thursday, August 19, 2010

3 Days of Happy & Day 7 of a Meme

Monday

(one) Watching TV with my mommy
(two) Surviving a bad day at work
(three) Garlic things for dinner
(four) Getting to bed early
(five) Not dying
(six) Chatting with Scott
(seven) Talking to Jenny and Dallas made my mood improve
(eight) Wearing my pantsuit to work


Tuesday

one. Groceries with mom
two. Chicken and garlic potatoes
three. TV with mom
four. Hot showers
five. Relaxing
six. Work was busy
seven. Getting out of work early
eight. Enjoying some time alone at home


Wednesday

[1] Fish and Chips for dinner
[2] Sharon, Lois, and Bram fish and chips song
[3] Mom paid for gas
[4] Leftover garlic potatoes and honey garlic stir fry for lunch
[5] Relaxing and watching television
[6] Not forgetting my 750 words
[7] Reminiscing at work
[8] Spending time with my mom



Day 07 – Your best friend, in great detail:

I find this question difficult as I have all the others so far. I started trying to answer it yesterday, but then I gave up. I don't really have a best friend. At least, I have no one that really stands out. Scott was my best friend for a long while, and I still refer to him as that, but he isn't really.

I have an amazing group of friends, most of whom know almost everything about me. I suppose that the two who stand out are Dallas and Jenny, so maybe I'll talk about them.

Dallas is an amazing listener. It is really nice to talk things through with him because he always knows what to say or what to suggest. He's... a lot taller than me and has long-ish "blonde" hair, though he insists that it is brown. He loves most things nerdy and has an amazing intellect. He's studying space engineering and wants to design and build spaceships. He is a very caring individual and he's really sensitive about relationships with other people. He wants to be a good friend and he tries really hard to maintain it even though I don't think he really needs to try that hard. Dal always has these crazy ideas about making things and building stuff and it's really interesting. He's also a super fast reader and he reads a lot. He has a sister who is younger than him. She's in high school and came to visit us (aka Dallas, but we got to meet her) recently. Uhm, yeah. Every time I'm like "how to describe Dallas now" all I can think of is tall, but I already mentioned that. He's tall. Yup. Oh! He wears a cape a lot which has gotten him the name "cape guy" around campus. People we don't know know him only as "cape guy" and it's pretty funny. Dal likes to dress up a lot, which makes spending time with him interesting.

Jenny is awesome at listening, too. She is shorter than me and has short brown hair and glasses. She and I have a lot in common in terms of interests. We're both really interested in feminist topics, cooking, baking, and issues of gender and sexuality. Most of our conversations revolve around those topics and we often end up talking late, late into the night and early morning when we're together. We also share intimacies and other conversations topics, too. She is a very bubbly, outgoing person, and she's crazy in the most amazing of ways. She is a design major and she loves doing design-y things. I should really have a better way of articulating that, but I don't. She has a love for tea, like myself. Spending time with Jenny is always fun because she's a fun person and very spontaneous. She makes life interesting.

No comments :

Post a Comment