First, happy stuff from the 12th and 13th.
12!
one. Being busy at work all day
two. Seeing Steven!
three. McDonald's for dinner
four. Tea
five. Getting to finish my 750 words before midnight
six. Mom waited up for me
seven. Having someone to talk to
eight. Getting home in half and hour
13!
(one) being busy at work
(two) Nick and Tammy came to visit
(three) playing badminton with family friends
(four) fixing the internet
(five) swimming in mah pool!
(six) Elaina seemed pleased with Lori's resume
(seven) chatting with Dallas and Scott
(eight) eating Brie and Naan bread
Day 02 - Your first love, in great detail
My first love, eh? Well, I'm not sure I've had a real first love yet or not. I've been convinced I was in love a bunch of times in my short life, but I'm not sure if I was just being naive or not anymore. So, because I have no clue, you get a complete and detailed list of my dating history:
My first official boyfriend and the first boy to admit he liked me back, was Nathan in grade ten. It was silly, because we'd gone to grade 8 grad together, and then not done anything about it 'cause I hopped off to Japan for the summer. Anyway, I was about sixteen when we started dating, and it was in April just before Easter break. Nathan and I dated for a year and a half, and I swore up and down that I was in love with him. Now, I'm pretty sure I was in love with the idea of a committed, forever relationship, and with the idea that someone actually liked me back. Anyway, when that ended, we agreed on friends with benefits for a while. I thought that it would somehow make him fall in love with me, even after he'd said he wasn't.
My second boyfriend came about 6 or 7 months after Nathan. It was Steve. We met because Matt Coyle asked me to translate a friend's Japanese status, and upon reading it and realizing it was one of the lines from Gackt's Vanilla, I insisted on knowing who this person was. fast forward about a month to a semi-awkward trip to the Pacific Mall, and we were dating. That one only lasted about five months, but I swore I was in love with him, too. I tried to get him to have sex with me and lose my virginity, but he wouldn't, and soon admitted he didn't love me. End of relationship #2.
The third person I ever dated was Jamaal. I think if I ever really did love anyone, it was him. We dated for a total of two years and a few days, and he is the person that I lost my virginity to. Our relationship was a major roller coaster ride and consisted of a large amount of highs and lows, often going from one extreme to another. I loved the thrill of it and the thrill of him for a long time. I loved that my parents didn't quite approve, and I loved that everyone thought I was crazy because of it. I believe that he really truly did love me, and I thrived on that. But we were very different people and eventually all of the lows of our relationship and our distant personalities got to me and I fell out of love with him, and into an intense hatred.
Since then, I've slept with two people in friends with benefits situations and I'm enjoying the freedom that comes with being single.
Yes, I think I did love Jamaal, and thus, he was my first love... maybe. I kind of don't want him to be, haha.
Day 03 - Your parents, in great detail
My parents are, well, my parents.
I guess I'll start with my mom. She turned 50 this year, and was born in Niagara Falls, Canada. When she was ten, her family moved into a camper trailer and they moved to Manitoulin Island. She's about 5'4", and has shoulder length dark brown hair. She and I get along pretty well most of the time, but I find she worries too much or too little about me sometimes. She tends to go to extremes of pushing me out of her nest to do things on my own for which I don't feel ready, or insisting that I stay home and not make my own plans. I know that she always has my best interests in mind though, and we're working on our communication skills in regards to one another. I find that she has trouble with adult conversations that are serious, and I want to work on it 'cause I need to talk through conflicts, I don't like just letting them lie, because someone always gets hurt. My mom was really outgoing as a kid, but she's always been shy too. She's the reason that I'm afraid to talk to store clerks and random people in public.
My dad is a shy and closed off individual. I don't see him laugh from the heart very often. He likes to fish and hunt, and he keeps things to himself. He and I don't talk a lot - I find that talking to him takes a lot of effort and that he feels that saying nothing is often the best response. I'd say that he and I don't get along that well, but I suppose that we do. We ignore one another and go our separate ways without saying much to one another. I don't know a lot about him since he's quiet. But I know he was born on Manitoulin and that he met my mom through her friends (his sisters) before they were reconnected in Toronto as young adults and fell in love.
No comments :
Post a Comment