Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 13 – This week, in great detail

So, this week. I suppose I'll start with last Monday and just tell you everything that's happened up until today.

So, on Monday I got up and came to work. Work was boring, but it was also really busy and so I didn't end up being too bored in the end. I was really concerned about getting everything organized for move in this Saturday, so I was kind of stressed out and not very happy. When I got home from work, I insisted that we go and get my bed as it was only on sale until Wednesday and so my mother reluctantly agreed. I forget what we had for dinner, but after that was all cleaned up, mom and I got in the car and left for Leon's. She was in a grumpy mood, too, and we almost died a few times on the way there because her driving gets worse when she's in a foul mood. Anyway, we got to the store without dying, and the saleslady that mom liked was there. That made us both happier because when we went on the weekend, neither of us liked the guy and that's primarily why we didn't get the bed then. So now I have a bed for my apartment. It has a beautiful black metal frame that is elegant and simple. And I have a mattress that I believe was the most comfortable in the entire store, and it was on sale! After securing a delivery date (the same as my move-in day), we went back home and I put on my PJs and watched TV on my computer before bed.

On Tuesday, I came to work as well. Like Monday, it was busy so I wasn't bored at all. I wanted to visit people after work, but they said no and suggested Wednesday instead so I decided to go shopping. On the way home from work, I stopped at WalMart to see if there were any interesting bed sets. I was also interested in getting some bubble bath since I hadn't had a bath with bubbles in years due to allergies. I ended up buying a comforter set for my bed, some bubble bath, a new bag that can double as a purse and a school bag, and a wallet for my new bag! When I got home I ate dinner with the family and then settled down to watch TV before bed. I ended up chatting with Jenny and Scott, too, which was fun!

Wednesday was a pretty bad day. I was grumpy and anxious the whole day and I wasn't happy at all. I dealt with a busy day at work with a fake smile, but I was really not feeling so well on the inside. I ended up going to Steve's after work as planned, but I was freaked out for no reason at all and really anxious which made me feel self-conscious and a little upset. Thankfully Steve was really understanding and dinner and Mythbusters went fine once I calmed down a little and explained how I was feeling. Afterwards I went straight home and crawled into bed since my anxiety was so tiring.

On Thursday I went to work again. When I got home, mom told me that her computer had died and that she was going to get it fixed after dinner. I was still feeling a little upset over Wednesday, so I decided to go with her. We went and got the computer fixed and it's working again, yay! After we got home, I had a nice, hot shower and put on pajamas and watched some TV before bed.

Friday was a really awesome day. I was still feeling a little anxious but most of that had gone away. I went to work and was a little bit bored. I confirmed a job interview for Monday (today) at 9am for an awesome job through York, and in my boredom I messaged Mike and Dom to see what they were up to after work. They hinted that they might be busy, but they said I was welcome to join them anyhow, so I agreed. They also mentioned that Steve would be around, so I messaged him and offered to drive him over. When we got to Mike's, Steve, Mike, and Dom started building things. Sarah, Steph and I talked about a bunch of wonderfully girly stuffs and had a good time chatting. By 9:30, we were all really hungry, so Steph and Dom cooked dinner and the rest of us headed off to Montana's. Mike, Steve, Sarah and I had a really nice time talking and joking over dinner and I had a lot of fun. I was really tired, so Mike insisted that I stay at the Briar patch, but I said it was okay and that I'd drive home. I drove Mike and Sarah to Sarah's and Steve to his place, where we went in to get tea and talked with Caniel for a few hours. Without realizing it, it was nearing 2am and I knew that I was way too tired to drive the whole way home, so I stayed. I fell asleep almost immediately, so that confirmed how tired I was.

Saturday went like this: I woke up at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and drove home. When I got there, mom was sitting at the table alone and informed me that dad was at work. I reminded her about my lunch date with Emmy and hopped in the shower. When I got out, mom said she was going to get groceries, so I decided to join her. We did our usual route around town and got some really yummy things for my lunches this week, as well as stuff for me to make smoothies for breakfast. When we got home I was really hungry, but I watched some TV and got ready for lunch with Melissa. Then, I drove to her house and called her to make sure I'd remembered the address, which I had! She came out, and we went to Boston Pizza, where we both ordered the same thing. We found that amusing and were even more amused when neither of us could finish it and had to take some home. We mutually agreed that we'd enjoyed seeing one another, and that we'd like to keep in touch. Then I went home and watched TV all afternoon while talking to Dallas and Scott online.

Yesterday (Sunday) went pretty well, too. I completely regained the appetite that I'd lost while I was anxious all week, and I got to sleep in. I had the house to myself for a brief while just after I woke up, and I was able to turn the radio volume up and dance my way through breakfast and starting laundry. I made a really yummy smoothie and I was able to drink it and some tea while singing along to happy songs. Dan called me as I was making my second cup of tea, and I went to pick him up at his friends' house. I got all the way there before realizing that I'd forgotten to wear my glasses, so I made him drive home. It was only around the block though, and I don't legally need my glasses to drive, but I'm uncomfortable driving without them. When we got home, Dan went into his room to play Xbox and he left me to my radio and breakfast. I hung my clothes out on the line, folded mom's clothes that were in my way, and enlisted Dan's help in ridding the clothesline of spiders. Especially the one that ran across my hand while I was hanging the first thing on the line. I spent much of the afternoon between watching TV online and doing laundry, and finally finished folding and putting away the last of my clothes at dinner time. I also at some point cleaned most of the stuff in my room and looked about hoping it would all pack itself. At dinner time I made some nachos and cheese and sat eating those while mom and dad cooked. I talked to Scott online for a while and then ate dinner with my family. When I got back, I watched some more TV and played Sims before deciding it was time for bed.

Then came today! I woke up early and had a shower, then I raced around getting everything ready for my interview. I got in the car and nervously drove to York, got upset with York's parking system because they failed to inform me that half of the parking garage was closed for repairs and thus there were no spaces available, and then I went to my interview. I got the job! I'm so excited. I start next week on Thursday afternoon, when I go in for training and then I officially start on Monday the 13th. After that, I called Jenny to see if she was at work, but she was not, so I came to work at Sexton McKay. There has been very little to do here today, hence why I can post details about my past week with little to no interruption.

No comments :

Post a Comment