Happy things first:
14!
one) Kensington with Mike and Dom
two) Chatting with Dom
three) Sleeping in
four) Buying baked goods in a bakery
five) Talking to Scott for a bit
six) Shopping with my mom
seven) bacon sandwiches for breakfast
eight) A delicious strawberry milkshake
Day 04 - What you ate today, in great detail:
Well, I guess since this applies to yesterday, I should detail what I ate yesterday. Which, like today's menu so far, is quite boring.
I managed to escape having any sort of appetite whatsoever for most of yesterday, so I didn't eat anything until about 1pm. Mom made me a toasted bacon sandwich. Toast, buttered, with bacon and ketchup in the middle. I went to Kensington with Mike and Dom in the afternoon, and "ate" a strawberry milkshake at a little cafe there. It was really good. On the way home, I had a nibble of a peanut butter nanaimo bar, and then Dom and I went out to get chocolate and I had a Toblerone bar.
That is the extent of what I ate yesterday.
Day 05 - Your definition of love, in great detail
This is a very difficult question to answer. I'm not sure what love is, really. I feel like some of these questions are for more mature people because I'm really not sure how to answer this one at all.
I believe that there are different types of love. I love my family, I love my friends, and there is also a romantic type of love.
Love for one's family is somewhat obligatory and unconditional. They are your family and you care about their well being no matter what. I know this isn't always true, because some people have falling outs with their family and some people are just terrible people, family or not. But I believe that there is a specific kind of love intended for family members. It involves wanting everyone to be healthy and happy and caring about their well being, but doesn't necessarily delve into their deepest desires.
Love for one's friends is also difficult to explain. It involves a sharing of interests and deep meaningful conversations as well as a non-obligatory caring about one another's lives. It involves wanting to spend time with someone in an authentic, fun, non-romantic way.
And romantic love is the feeling that you get when you want to date someone. The butterflies in your stomach thinking about them, the smile that their name brings to your face, the whirlwind of adventure that comes with your thinking of them all day.
In the end though, love is an abstract term that has no real definition and cannot be defined because it is different for everyone. I guess that's why I'm being asked to define love, but my answer is simple: I can't. I feel that love, as I believe I'm being asked to define, what I'd deem "romantic love" is something special that is defined by a set of circumstances and certain individuals rather than by an all-encompassing term for everyone.
I think that the way in which I love each of my friends and family members varies, and the way in which I "loved" each of my exes also varies. If I believe that I was in love with Jamaal, I think that it is safe to say that I will never love someone the same way again. Not because it was perfect or particularly amazing, but because he is an individual and my love for him catered to that. To his individuality, and so love that I will feel for anyone else in the future will likely be just as distinctive and tied the their personality.
No comments :
Post a Comment